Blackpool art college 1988-90
I was born in Lytham St. Annes in 1970. I live in Blackpool and I’m interested in pleinair and still life painting. I paint from direct observation. Pleinair works are mainly small and sometimes completed in one go, but often need more sessions. Still life works can be set up or found, and are a much slower process. My paintings can sometimes be seen as quirky, both in their execution and subject matter.
I’ve recently been elected an associate member of the ‘Royal Institute of Oil Painters’. I’m also a member of the ‘Manchester Academy Of Fine Arts’, the outdoor painting group the ‘Northern Boys’, and the ‘British Plein Air Painters’. I’ve exhibited regularly at the Mall Galleries with the New English Art Club, and the Royal Institute Of Oil Painters.
* Elected Associate member of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters (AROI) 2021
* New English Art Club (NEAC) 2021/’20/’19/'18/‘17/‘16
* Royal Institute Of Oil Painters (ROI) - 2021/‘20/’19/’18/‘17/‘16
* ROI 2021 - Won the “Frank Herring Easel Award’
* ROI 2020 - Won the ‘Menena Joy Schwabe Award’
* Pintar Rapido (London) 2017 — 1st Place / 2016 — 3rd Place
* Royal Society Of British Artists (RBA) 2017
* Manchester Academy Of Fine Arts (MAFA-membership) 2017
* Member of the Northernboys & British Pleinair Painters
* ROI Paintlive 2017 — 1st Place
* ROI 2016 - Won the 'Frank Herring Easel Award'